VEX

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ROTC and MC explained.

Robot of the Week and Monthly Challenges Explained

Here are some general guidelines for monthly challenges. At the beginning of each month I release a challenge that must be completed in autonomous, with specific rules for that particular challenge. The 4/06 challenge does not allow the use of adhesives, but that doesn't mean they are banned forever. I may put restrictions on the time it takes to complete the assignment, and although I have no way of telling, especially since you are sending me still pictures, I am relying on your honesty.

Your email must be recieved by me, and I use gmail so sometimes there is a lag, by the last day of the month at 11:59:59. However, if no one sends me an email, you can still win by sending me an email, even if it is years later. The first person to send me a picture outside of the time window will be the winner, if its physically possible.

I judge not only on style, but how the drivetrain is, if there is one, aesthetics, how it works, how the person came over a certain obstacle, etc.

For robot of the week, all the pictures I recieve in the past two weeks, will be eligible for robot of the week. I will post this every Saturday, if possible, or as soon after as I can. If no pictures are sent to me, I will pick one of my own robots, and just say what post it is in. The robot of the week demonstrates a creative solution to a problem, does a hard task very simply, or is just really cool, like if you made a motorcycle, and it use omni wheels. That would definatley win you the robot of the week. Just to clear things up. I have the next two monthly challenges already thought out, and I'll give you a hint. The second one also involves lifting, so don't scrap those arms just yet. The third hint will be released when I release the second game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home